To be able to fulfil our vision and mission, the following is proposed for 2012:
1) A 1-day Teacher’s Workshop before the TLC Kids commences in 2012.
Purpose: To empower/equip teachers on:
- How to work with the kids
- How to deal with different types of characteristics/behaviour
- The importance of knowing each child
- To lay a spiritual foundation
- How to prepare lessons
- How to present positive teaching
- How to be positive models
2) Meet quarterly and have “brain storms”
The purpose of this is to involve the teachers (unity /ownership) in the setting of goals, programmes, drafting of lessons, allocate responsibilities, identify and address weaknesses, get solutions to weaknesses/problems and identify any improvements on what we are currently doing.
GOALS FOR THE KIDS:
- To instill a daily habit of of serving God.
- To have an appreciation for the Bible and God’s Word and prayer.
- To have the assurance that they are a part of the church.
- To memorise Bible verses.
Further to the above, the following is also proposed (for further discussions):
- Annual visit to a children’s home – Outreach (kids to minister) – This could take place any time of the year (date to be set)
- Have an art session every six months
- TLC Kids Camp